Note: This post was originally an email to all RTX SideQuest ticket holders. We’re reposting it here just in case anyone did not receive it.
RTX (and therefore RTX SideQuest) is almost here! This email contains EVERYTHING you need to know about RTX SideQuest 2014, so be sure to read it carefully!
RTX SideQuest 2014 Event Schedule:
Thursday, July 3rd, 8pm-12am: Cocktail Party and Charity Auction at the Radisson Hotel and Suites
Bidding will begin at 8pm and will close around 11:15pm. We’re also premiering our video of Barbara going Over the Edge on this night!
Saturday, July 5th, 10pm-2am: The SideQuest BarLympics at Buffalo Billiards
The competition will begin around 10:15pm, and the winning team will be announced at around 1:45am. The Barvenger Craunt will begin at 11:30pm and teams must return by 1:30am. The cosplay contest will begin at 11:45pm.
Sunday, July 6th, 9pm-12am: The SideQuest Lounge (ALL-Access Badge holders ONLY)
Monday, July 7th, 1pm-4pm: Farewell to RTX Lunch at The Salt Lick in Driftwood, TX
Food will be served from around 1:30pm to 3:30pm.
All-Access badge holders will have the schedule on the back of their badges, and we will also put the schedule up on our website. If you have any questions regarding the schedule or the events, you may reply to this email, but FIRST please read on as we’ve tried to address many frequently asked questions:
Frequently Asked Questions about RTX SideQuest
- Is there an early registration option this year? Yes! We’ve heard your concerns about last year and have taken steps to make registration go faster in 2014. This year, we will offer Early Registration to all of our All-Access Badge holders. Those who have purchased an All-Access Badge may come check in and claim their badge and their badge-holder perks on Thursday, July 3rd from 5 pm to 7 pm. Upon entering the Radisson lobby, locate the central stairway leading up to the 2nd floor. The Early Registration area will be visible once you reach the top of the stairs, and our friendly Spectre volunteers can help you get everything squared away.Note: if you did not purchase an All-Access Badge, you will not be able to register early.
- Can I get into an RTX SideQuest event by showing my RTX badge? No. An RTX badge does not entitle you to entry into an RTX SideQuest event. You must have purchased either an RTX SideQuest All-Access Badge (which you need to bring with you to each of our events!) or an “a la carte” ticket to whichever event you are trying to get into. You will not be allowed entry into an RTX SideQuest event if you have not purchased a ticket.
- Can I buy a ticket at the door? We may have some tickets available at the door for the Cocktail Party and Charity Auction, but all of our other events are full. If we have tickets available at the door for the Auction they will be $70 and will be first-come, first-served.
- I only bought tickets for some of the events. Do I need to come to an earlier event to check in? No. Please do not come to an event for which you did not buy a ticket, even if you have the intention of checking in for a different night’s event. You will not be able to check in to an event until it starts on the scheduled night.
- I live in the Austin area and/or am driving to RTX. Where can I park for RTX SideQuest? For the Cocktail Party and Charity Auction, you may park in the Radisson’s parking garage. The Radisson will validate your parking at the end of the auction. However, be warned that there is limited parking available in their garage and validation is on a first come, first served basis. For the BarLympics and the SideQuest Lounge, you will have to find street parking in downtown Austin or else find a private garage or lot to pay to park in. For our event at the Salt Lick, you may park in the Salt Lick’s parking lot for free.
- Will there be food at the events? Yes! We will have a nice spread of food at the Auction, and a full all-you-can-eat barbecue lunch at Salt Lick. At the events that take place at Buffalo Billiards, you may purchase your own food from Buffalo Billiards before the kitchen closes. Alternatively, those who are over 21 may leave Buffalo Billiards to get food from another location and then come back in. If you are between the ages of 18 and 21, Buffalo Billiards will not allow you back in once you leave.
- Will there be drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) at the events?? Yes! There will be a cash bar at our Auction. At the BarLympics and SideQuest lounge, drinks may be purchased from Buffalo Billiards, which has a full bar. The Salt Lick is BYOB, so you may buy beverages ahead of time and bring your own to our Farewell Lunch. We will also have tea and water available at Salt Lick.
- What should I wear to your events? We kick off the weekend with our Cocktail Party and Charity Auction, a fancy party for which people dress somewhere between business casual and semi-formal. If you need more guidance than that, please check the RT SideQuest is Fashionable posts on our website. Take note, we won’t throw anyone out for being underdressed, but we do want to avoid anyone feeling uncomfortable because they showed up in shorts and a t-shirt while everyone else is wearing suits.
All of our other events are casual/informal dress. Remember to wear your preferred team color to the BarLympics if you have a particular team you want to be on! We are also having a cosplay contest at the BarLympics this year! If you are planning to participate in the cosplay contest, please DO NOT BRING COSPLAY WEAPONS as you may not be allowed into the venue. Additionally, if a portion of your costume covers your face (a mask, helmet, etc.), you will need to be prepared to remove that portion of your costume so that the bouncers and bartenders can check your ID.
Note: If you are an RTX Guardian, you will not be permitted to enter our events while wearing a Guardian shirt, even if you have bought a ticket. We have several Guardians on our crew, and they’re going to help enforce the Guardian rules.
- What will I need to bring to pay for any auction items I win? We can accept payment in the form of cash or card. Cards can be any major provider. We do not accept checks. Additionally, you will need to present an ID when you claim your item so we can be sure your item is going to you, and that someone else isn’t trying to take it instead.
- Do you have any other prizes at your events? Yes! We will have door prizes, and everyone who purchased a ticket to our events has a chance to win!
- I won’t have a car with me for RTX. How do I get to the Salt Lick?
- We have a ride share forum in our group page on the Rooster Teeth site! The event officially starts at 1:00pm, but you may arrive as early as 12:30 to check in and start mingling! Food will be served at 1:30.
- What kinds of items are you auctioning off? All kinds! We have art (prints and canvases), jewelry, sculptures and lots of other great stuff! Our SideQuest Signature Series, RT Renaissance, can’t be missed! Check out our auction page and our gallery for more details.
Have a question that wasn’t covered in this email? Feel free to reply and ask, or ask us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/rtsidequest
We’ll see you in a few days!
-The RT SideQuest Team